My Minimal Waste Challenge: No Rubbish November
Over the past several months, I've dabbled with the idea of waste reduction: food, packaging, plastics...you get the idea. A lot of this might be due to my involvement as a Wild Keeper for Keep Nature Wild, but I've known for a while now how important reducing waste is for our environment.
November is a popular month for challenges (i.e. No Shave November) so I've decided to start my own personal challenge called "No Rubbish November." I debated back and forth between "no waste" or "no trash" but after a thorough hashtag search, I discovered I could be the first person to utilize "no rubbish" so I plan to go all out with the hashtag and everything! Besides, it also seems fitting to use the word rubbish while I'm still in the UK.
Here are the challenges I'm setting for myself this month:
1. Only reusable drinkware (or, if I'm really hankering for a Coke or something, it must be recyclable materials)
2. No straws, reusable ones only
3. Take my own reusable bags when I go shopping
4. Only purchase items with minimal packaging or packaging that uses recyclable materials
5. Aim to have zero food waste (i.e. groceries, meals out, etc.)
6. Pick up at least one piece of trash each day
|My first #ImpactDay for @keepnaturewild.|
Are you interested in joining me this month to minimize your rubbish? Tag me (@cattleandcoffee) in your posts and use #NoRubbishNovember. I've also created a Facebook group for this challenge, so I'd love to see you there!